LSI has more than 30 years of experience helping people discover the right home supports to meet their needs. Our Residential Director and Service Coordinators work with individuals and their families to develop and support home-based services that are provided and monitored according to state regulations.
Our home supports are tailored around the specific needs of each person. Our Service Coordinators work with individuals and their families to develop and support home-based services that are provided and monitored according to State regulations.
Depending on your needs, home supports can be:
- Provided to you in your own home or apartment on an hourly basis for specific support needs.
- Provided via a roommate arrangement with someone who is willing and able to provide flexible supports in a shared home.
- Provided under the auspices of a foster parent situation (typically for younger individuals needing this service).
- Provided in an LSI provider’s home. LSI contracts with an individual or family to offer a supportive home for each person in the program. Our providers are highly trained to meet the needs of each individual according to state requirements. Those individuals might be highly independent and require minimal support, or they might need total care. LSI Service Coordinators and nurses provide training, support, monitoring and other needed services. (All provider homes must pass state housing and background check guidelines before they are considered.)
- Safety Connection. LSI contracts with the Burlington, Vermont-based Howard Center’s Safety Connection program for those individuals living independently in their own apartments who need minimal support. For additional information, please click on this link: https://howardcenter.org/developmental-services/home-housing-supports/
- Provided in a “mother-in-law” apartment in the home of one of our providers, where there are more options for independence yet support when needed.
We know that what is considered the perfect plan today may not be the right plan in the future. LSI partners with each individual and their team to secure just the right balance of support as needs change.